How Your Business Purchase Lawyer Can Help
Your Calgary business purchase lawyer can help you move through the exciting process of buying a business. We can review documents, assist you with a business purchase and sale agreement, and help you decode legalese. We will also point out any issues or implications of the options you consider and, if required, set up your corporation.
Buying a Business: Legal Help
We can help you:
- Prepare your letter of intent, ensuring you have a sound foundation for a deal.
- Prepare the initial draft of the purchase and sale agreement and negotiate with the seller’s lawyer until the agreement is satisfactory to both parties.
- Review all legal documents during the due diligence process
- Examine all corporate legal documentation, including verification of ownership of the business and its assets and any claims on the assets, to ensure everything can be transferred as anticipated.
- Examine shareholder agreements prior to the sale to make sure there are no unforeseen problems.
- Examine all the seller’s contracts and agreements, such as:
- Premises leases
- Employment agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Supplier and customer agreements
- Review and assist with the preparation of all closing documents.
- Incorporate a new business, if required.
How Can a Business Purchase Lawyer Help You?
As your law team, we can help you in many ways, including helping you decide if the business structure will work for you; understand the purchase and sale agreement; draft non-competes; establish the terms of the purchase agreement; understand leases and other documentation; check zoning; incorporate; transfer trademarks and business names; and deal with legislative requirements.
Contact us today – Your trusted Calgary business purchase lawyer.