Shareholders Agreements, Annual Returns and More
Once you have incorporated, we’re here to make sure all your corporate affairs are well looked after. We’ll also help you with the required agreements, such as shareholders agreements, and resolutions to make sure you’re protected from unforeseen events.
Our corporate services include the following:
- Preparation of annual returns, resolutions, minutes, and minute book review
- Drafting unanimous shareholders agreements
- Drafting corporate policies and bylaws
- Preparation of directors and shareholder resolutions
- Declaration of dividends, management fees or bonuses
- Redemption or repurchase of shares
- Declaration of trusts
- Change of directors, officers, registered office, or bylaws
- Drafting director’s indemnification agreements
Unanimous Shareholders Agreements
Be safe, not sorry.
Whether you’ve just incorporated or have been incorporated for years, a unanimous shareholders agreement is a must to resolve future shareholder disputes.
A unanimous shareholders agreement can deal with many issues affecting the operation of the business and the rights and responsibilities of the shareholders. The agreement can deal with shareholder disputes, financial affairs, transfer of shares, death, third-party claims against shares, and other important issues.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of a unanimous shareholders agreement for your business is that it forces all shareholders to consider all potential conflicts and problems and put the resolutions in writing. The simple existence of the agreement can prevent many issues from arising at all.
Business Legal Advice to Help Manage Your Operations
Running a business is a complex affair. The easy part is selling your products and/or services.
The hard part is understanding and processing all the regulations that affect the operations of the business. You require a host of municipal, provincial, and federal permits and licenses—and that’s just the beginning. Then there are other regulations and standards covering employees, safe workplaces, etc.
Finally, almost every aspect of your operation will require agreements, including those with:
- Service providers
- Leasing companies – for property and equipment
- Banks and other lenders
Cover Your Assets with the Right Business Agreements
When most people think of assets, they think of things like property, machinery, equipment, and inventory.
But businesses possess many more assets, both tangible and intangible:
- Accounts receivable
- Business name
- Intellectual property such as patents and trademarks
- Licensing agreements
- Customer lists
The possession of any assets poses the risk that they will be lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised.
Business Contracts, Agreements, & Licences
We can help you protect your valuable assets by making sure you have all necessary contracts, business agreements and licences in place:
- Non-competition agreements
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Business name registration
- Asset leases
- Financing and security agreements
- Sales contracts
- Business partnership agreements
- Consultant contracts
- Independent contractor contract
Employment Agreements & Services
Managing the technical legalities of hiring, managing, and terminating employees can we incredibly difficult. We will work with you to set up processes and documentation for all aspects of employment.
- Employment agreements
- Staff handbooks
- Hiring and termination processes
- Maternity and extended leave