Calgary Small Business Lawyer:
We’re passionate about small businesses!
We’ll help you ensure your business is protected
We believe that small business owners should feel secure when legal issues arise and be protected from them whenever possible. Mergen Law assists small businesses in Calgary with a full range of legal services, including properly setting up a new business, and protecting yourself through contracts and agreements with both employees and clients/customers.
Ideally the time to start working with us is before problems arise. Through our business consulting services, we can conduct a cost-effective audit and make suggestions for areas of your business that you should better protect.
Small Business Legal Services
If you are starting a new small business, we can help you with:
- Naming your corporation, by performing a name search or “NUANS” searches
- Legal advice regarding company structure and setup
- Registration of your company as an Alberta Corporation
- Ensuring that you make the best deal possible by consultation on partnership agreements
If you are in a partnership or want to bring on shareholders, we recommend consulting with us. This is recommended for:
- Unanimous shareholders agreements
- Shareholders agreements
- Partnership agreements
Remember you don’t set up partnership or shareholder agreements for the best of times; you use them to protect your interests in the long term.
Employee Management Services
Managing the technical legalities of hiring, managing, and terminating employees can be incredibly difficult. We work with you to set up processes and documentation for all aspects of employment. This includes:
- Crafting fair and practical employee agreements
- Drafting staff handbooks
- Assistance during the hiring and termination processes
- Managing maternity and extended leave
General Small Business Legal Consulting
We can help with any challenges your business faces, including:
- Review of agreements and contracts
- Facilitating conflict resolution
- Taxation and accounting recommendations
- Succession planning
- Buying and selling a business